Safety First. Always.
The health and safety of the employees of Glass 8 Inc is of paramount importance. Glass 8 Inc. has developed and maintained a COR certified safety program, recognized by the Worker’s Compensation Board in both Manitoba and Alberta. Safety is a condition of employment at Glass 8 Inc. and shall not be sacrificed for the sake of expediency.
It is our belief that all incidents can be prevented and every effort shall be made to:
- RECOGNIZE – hazards that are associated with each of your job task
- EVALUATE – the risk of these identified hazards of happening
- CONTROL – these hazards by elimination, substitution, mitigation and administration methods that are the most reasonably and practicably available
- COMMUNICATE – these hazards and control methods to all workers on site
As outlined in our company manual, safety is a shared responsibility by all employees and shall be an integral component of work activities – together we can create a positive safety culture and ensure a safe workplace.
We develop, implement and maintain an up-to-date safety and health programs consistent with what we believe to be the best established management practices in a sincere effort to prevent the pain, suffering and economic losses attributable to accidents.
We recognize that the responsibilities for safety and health are shared; thus we encourage and expect complete, active participation by everyone.
All employees are expected to fulfill their safety responsibilities and to follow our company safety manual.
Every employee has legislated rights to ensure their safety at the worksite:
- Right to Refuse – any work process or conditions that are unsafe
- Right to Know – about any hazards to a workers’ health or safety during the course of their work
- Right to Participate – in your safety and health program without the prospect of discrimination
- Right to a free Violence and harassment Environment
Already have a project in mind? Get a quote today.