Glass 8 Inc. is hiring in Edmonton!
Changing the way our clients see commercial glass & glazing, Glass 8 Inc. delivers a fresh, reliable, and progressive contracting solution allowing architects, owners and general contractors to use glass in new and innovative ways, providing greater value to their projects. Glass 8 Inc. operates in the BC, Edmonton and Winnipeg markets, with passionate ownership working directly in the business and the technical expertise and industry knowledge to manage even the most difficult construction site challenges.
The Glazier is responsible for the installation of exterior aluminum curtain wall systems, windows, aluminum doors, skylights, interior windows, and all other aspects of the trade. Industry specific experience is required. We are looking hire Journeyman Glaziers and Apprentices to join our growing team in Edmonton.
If you’re interested in taking on a new challenge at a growing company, we encourage you to apply today.
As a Glazier with Glass 8 Inc. you will:
- Comply with the Workplace Safety and Health Act and G8’s Health and Safety policies and procedures and wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Complete project tasks and service requests within scheduled time frame.
- Install and service commercial aluminum systems and aluminum doors.
- Read and interpret shop drawings and architectural drawings to confirm project requirements for the installation of framing, glass and finishing materials.
- Assemble scaffolds and operate various heavy-duty equipment and machines such as zoom/boom truck, table saw, grinders, drills and various power tools.
- Manage assigned schedule and document service and installation activities.
- Some overtime / out of town work and overnight travel as needed.
- Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Able to work in a team environment, with the ability to follow and understand safety requirements.
- Experience in the installation of commercial aluminum framing systems as well as commercial door hardware is required.
- Must have own hand tools.
- Must be able to lift heavy equipment and materials.
- In addition to a competitive wage, Glass 8 Inc. offers extended health care benefits, and matching RRSP contributions for all full-time employees.
Please note: We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates meeting all requirements will be considered for interviews.
Please contact us at:
Already have a project in mind? Get a quote today.